Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Berry Scones

This morning I had a taste for scones. Usually I use my  mother in law's recipe for Lemon Poppyseed Scones, but I wanted something a little different today so I started searching for a different variation. I ended up using her recipe and another recipe I had for Blueberry Scones and kind of combined them. I LOVE anything with black or raspberries in it so instead of blueberries and used 1/2 blackberries and 1/2 raspberries. Instead of buttermilk I used heavy whipping cream.

WOW - they really turned out great!!

Here's what the batter looked like.
All the berries added more color than I expected but there's nothing wrong with a little color!

Here's what they looked like scooped out onto the pan.
And here's how they looked after baking!
They were very tasty.
Tangy with a little touch of sweetness.
Perfect with a hot cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment